Impact of the Commonwealth’s State of Emergency Due to COVID-19
The following procedures will be implemented and remain in effect during the state of emergency:
RENEWALS of PRIVATE SECURITY SERVICES (REGISTRANTS, BUSINESSES, SCHOOLS)
- DCJS is suspending registration renewal expiration dates, in-service training, and firearms re-training until after the Governor lifts the current state of emergency.
- Renewal applicants must continue to submit their fingerprints through Fieldprint; there are currently 41 Fieldprint locations operating and processing fingerprints throughout the state. Please visit the Fieldprint website to find a nearby location. (https://fieldprintvirginia.com/SubPage_2col.aspx?ChannelID=421)
NEW APPLICANTS of PRIVATE SECURITY (REGISTRANTS, BUSINESSES, SCHOOLS)
- New applicants should continue to timely submit initial applications through the DCJS Online Credentialing Management System;
- Initial licensing, registration or certification applicants must continue to meet all existing requirements, including fingerprinting and training;
- Applicants are required to submit their fingerprints through Fieldprint; there are currently 41 Fieldprint locations operating and conducting fingerprints throughout the state. Please visit the Fieldprint website to find a nearby location.
- Newly hired unarmed security officers, electronic security technician’s assistants, unarmed alarm respondents, central station dispatchers, electronic security sales representatives, locksmiths, and electronic security technicians are already allowed to work in Virginia for 90 days while their applications are being processed provided they have submitted their fingerprints for processing.
For additional information, please contact [email protected]