Benefits of being on the ASG Team
Our benefit packages are structured with the flexibility to meet our employee and client’s needs:
- Medical Insurance Options,
- Holiday Pay,
- Vacation Pay,
- Overtime Pay Available,
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan,
- Tax-free Flexible Spending Plans,
- Direct Deposit, Free Checking Accounts,
- Training Academy Free and Discounted Courses,
- and Free Uniforms.
Visit our Job Postings Page for current vacancies. Please check the Job Postings Page often as ASG is constantly expanding. For more information, contact our HR Manager at 804.355.2000 x 102.
Be appreciated, join the ASG team.
Examples of the types of positions for which ASG hires are:
Operations/Administration positions may include office administrative positions, clerical, human resources, staffing, operational support, etc.
Unarmed Security Officers
Unarmed Security Officers positions are typically uniformed, unarmed security officers working at various locations throughout Virginia. Experience requirements vary (from entry level to advanced) with job location and duties. Officers are required to meet all of our basic job hiring requirements.
Armed Security Officers
Armed Security Officer candidates must meet stringent hiring requirements to be eligible. You must have a VA DCJS Armed S/O Registration to work as an Armed S/O. Typically, candidates should have at least 2 years prior related experience. You must be in good physical and mental condition, and possess a clean Virginia driving record.
Special Event Security Staff
Special Event Security Staff – must possess a VA DCJS Unarmed Registration, or be willing to obtain within 30 days of employment. You must be able to work weekends. In addition, you must be willing to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Great customer service and communication skills are required!
At ASG Training, we often seek out Instructor Specialist to teach in various job-related categories. We also seek part-time instructors who have prior experience in VA DCJS courses of instruction. See our Job Postings page for current course instruction openings.
Requirements for all security positions
All jobs require some physical exertion therefore candidates must be in good physical condition.
Examples of physical requirements include the following abilities:
- Assisting with fire evacuations
- Climbing stairwells
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Physically detaining persons for unlawful activity
- Using radio and telephone communications
- Assisting with traffic and pedestrian control
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. i.e.; traffic cones or barricades
- Speaking, writing and using a computer
Examples of other hiring criteria include:
- Possession of a valid VA driver’s license
- Clean criminal and DMV record
- Possession of reliable transportation
- Possession of home and/or cellular telephone
- Willingness to take and ability to pass pre-employment drug and/or physical screening
- Provision of references, both personal and from past employers
- Possession of a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Proof of right to work in the United States
If applicable, Fingerprints will be taken by FieldPrint, Inc., and remitted to DCJS for National Background Check.
ASG is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, age or religion.
ASG also encourages military, retirees and students to apply.