Benefits of being on the ASG Team
Our benefit packages are structured with the flexibility to meet our employee and client’s needs:
- Medical Insurance Options,
- Holiday Pay,
- Vacation Pay,
- Overtime Pay Available,
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan,
- Tax-free Flexible Spending Plans,
- Direct Deposit, Free Checking Accounts,
- Training Academy Free and Discounted Courses, and
- Free Uniforms.
Visit our Job Postings Page for current vacancies. Please check the Job Postings Page often as ASG is constantly expanding. For more information, contact our HR Manager at 804.355.2000 x 102.
Be appreciated, join the ASG team.
Examples of the types of positions for which ASG hires are:
Operations/Administration positions may include office administrative positions, clerical, human resources, staffing, operational support, etc.
Unarmed Security Officers
Unarmed Security Officers positions are typically uniformed, unarmed security officers working at various locations throughout Virginia. Experience requirements vary (from entry level to advanced) with job location and duties. Officers are required to meet all of our basic job hiring requirements.
Armed Security Officers
Armed Security Officers candidates must meet stringent hiring requirements to be eligible. Typically, candidates should have at least 2 years prior related experience. Shifts vary. You must be in good physical and mental condition. PT and medical physicals may be required, as a clean driving record.
Special Conservators of the Peace
Special Conservators of the Peace, or SCOP Officers, are utilized on special more higher profile accounts. SCOP officers are required to have prior experience in law enforcement or related field. SCOP officers positions are more demanding both physically and mentally, and require someone who can handle stressful situations. You must be able to work nights, weekends and possibly rotating shifts. In addition, you must be in excellent physical condition. PT and medical physicals will be required, as a clean driving record.
At ASG Training, we often seek out Instructor Specialist to teach in various job-related categories. We also seek part-time instructors who have prior experience in VA DCJS courses of instruction. See our Job Postings page for current course instruction openings.
Requirements for all security positions
All jobs require some physical exertion therefore candidates must be in good physical condition.
Examples of physical requirements include the following abilities:
- Assisting with fire evacuations
- Climbing stairwells
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Physically detaining persons for unlawful activity
- Using radio and telephone communications
- Assisting with traffic and pedestrian control
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. i.e.; traffic cones or barricades
- Speaking, writing and using a computer
Examples of other hiring criteria include:
- Possession of a valid VA driver’s license
- Clean criminal and DMV record
- Possession of reliable transportation
- Possession of home and/or cellular telephone
- Willingness to take and ability to pass pre-employment drug and/or physical screening
- Provision of references, both personal and from past employers
- Possession of a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Proof of right to work in the United States
Fingerprint cards will be taken and remitted to DCJS for National Background Check.
ASG is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, age or religion.
ASG also encourages military, retirees and students to apply.